Puppy Training Class
Join us for an interactive and fun puppy training class that will go beyond the basics. This class is for puppies 7 weeks to 16 weeks of age.
This is not just a class to help you teach your puppy the basics like sit, stay, come, and down. Of course we will cover these and your pup will master them. But this goes far further into building a strong relationship built on trust, respect and fun! Your puppy will just love to learn from you because you will not only be teaching him/her basic cues but you’ll be forging a bond that will go far beyond the basics.
Your pup is hungry to learn, right? But they not only want to learn, they want to be a dog and have you join them in being more dog-like. Your pup wants you to play, hunt, explore and there are fun and enriching ways you can do that with your pup every day that goes far beyond taking him/her for a walk or playing fetch.
In this puppy class, you will learn
- The basics, of course! Sit, stay, down, come, leave it, drop it, settle, look at me, bed (or place), tug and release and of course, loose leash walking.
- How to build a strong relationship with your pup that is built on your leadership and guidance. You will become so relevant to your pup that you are the person to follow no matter the distractions and circumstance, and provide fulfillment of your dog’s mental and physical needs, which makes for a happy, and healthy pup!
- Understanding management vs discipline, and how they matter.
- Learning all about your pup’s body language and what they are telling you. You’ll be able to know based on your puppy’s body language how to help them through a stressful situation, avoid conflict or traumatic experiences, and guide them when they are feeling unsure.
- You will learn how to teach your pup manners with food, other dogs, and people.
- Teething, nipping and biting are part of puppyhood. Learn how to help your pup through this stage.
- Understanding training equipment and how each can play a very important role in the ease of your pup’s learning.
- Understanding the Fear Cycle and how your pup will show fear, and how you can help them gain confidence before it becomes a problem.
- The importance of grooming, the tools to make it easier, including nail trims, brushing, and teeth cleaning.
- Massage and relaxation techniques that are relaxing for your pup, will help you bond with your pup, and will help your pup to enjoy human touch. Your vet will love you for it!
- Dog to dog introductions – the dos and don’ts.
- Dog park etiquette – the dos and don’ts.
- The effects of COVID restrictions on your pup and how to avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that will lead to reactivity, fears, and separation anxiety.
- Multiple dog homes and ensuring a good relationship with your other dog(s).
In addition to being a certified trainer with avid fostering experience, Pierrette also has exceptional skill, knowledge, and passion. She loves dogs and has owned them for over 29 years. She currently has four dogs of her own, including two huskies – Jayda (9), Koda (7), Toby (1.5 years old – a foster fail with fearful dog challenges that he’s overcome with her guidance and training) and Gus, (10 weeks – part of her last foster of mother and six puppies – she adopted Gus and will be training him along with you!).
Ensure your puppy has good experiences with new people, dogs, places and things and have the knowledge and skills they need to be a well-behaved dog.
None. Just an excitement and openness to learn and be present for each class.
- Dog leash
- Collar or harness
- Kibble and treats
Once enrolled, there will be no cancellations as you will have access to materials and resources immediately to help you get started.
If for any reason you are not satisfied after four weeks in the program, reach out to me and we will resolve the issue. If we mutually feel a refund is in order, it will be issued without hesitation.
I would recommend Pierrette! She is very compassionate and knowledgeable. She truly cares and wants us to have great relationships with our puppies.
The resources that were posted in our private FB group were so helpful. I could refer to them time and time again which helped in between our live classes.
The live videos that were shared live and posted for us to practice during class were fantastic. To get live coaching from Pete weekly and have access to her during classes was so beneficial.
As an owner of another dog, we forgot a few key commands that we should teach, other than the sit, stay ones.
We saw significant improvements right away.
We definitely got what we needed to start some basic training with our puppies.
It was great hearing the other stories and to see the other pups in that you’re not alone with issues. Virtual is the way to go for now but not as much time to practise during class or discipline to practise after!!
Fantastic experience. I enjoyed being a part of a group and learning from others. It was great to not be alone with what we were experiencing.
I would recommend her puppy training for sure! I love the positive approach to training and disciplining!!!
Pierrette is very knowledgeable! Lessons are all practical and easy to implement.
Pete is very professional and knowledgeable. Also almost importantly passionate and caring.
Having a positive training class worked awesome for our new puppy!!! Gone are the days of physical or mental abuse to train!!! Loved the video clips we’d get to look back on in between classes. Pierrette really was awesome at explaining the positive approach to commands or many situations that arise!!!
I've worked with Pete in a private and group setting, she is very knowledgeable and has a ton of experience to share. If something doesn't work, she always has another option to try. I saw immediate results after just 1 session.